The Federal Government has announced the delivery of six family law services to South East Queensland commencing January 2015. The Centres will provide services to help separating families make child focused parenting arrangements both during and post separation.
A list of the Centres is set out below:
- Family Relationship Centre Ipswich – Relationships Australia Queensland,
- Children’s Contact Service Ipswich – Relationships Australia Queensland,
- Children’s Contact Service Logan – UnitingCare Community,
- Children’s Contact Service Gold Coast – Relationships Australia Queensland,
- Post Separation Cooperative Parenting Gold Coast – Centacare,
- Post Separation Cooperative Parenting Sunshine Coast – UnitingCare Community
Services provided by these Centers include:
- Family Dispute Resolution (Mediation),
- Information and referrals for other family related services such as relationship and other counselling,
- Domestic and Family Violence and Parenting Orders Programs,
- Supported changeovers to enable children to go from one parent to the other without the need for parents to have direct contact,
- Supervised visitation programs,
- Referral services for specific needs and requirements,
- One-on-one interviews for separating or separated families to discuss options,
- Group information sessions prior to dispute resolution explaining the process and ways that parents can support children through separation.
For more information about the specific services provided by each service, call the Family Relationship Advice Line on 1800 050 321 or visit www.familyrelationships.gov.au.