- Phone :(07) 3211 4920
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor, High Court of Australia
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
- Legal Practice Management Course, College of Law
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Legal Education and Training, University of Queensland
- Member, Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Member, Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland
- Member, Brisbane West Chamber of Commerce
As an Experienced Senior Family Lawyer practising for over 12 years and having worked in some of Brisbane’s top specialist family law firms, Gavin has extensive experience in all aspects of Family Law, particularly:
- complex parenting and financial cases;
- international family law matters, including relocation and Hague Convention matters;
- pre-nuptial and post-nuptial Financial Agreements for married and de facto couples; and
- “big money” cases involving restructuring of various business, corporate and/or trust entities and interests of third parties and creditors.
Gavin assists clients to remain focused on the “big picture” and achieving the most economic overall outcome, rather than allowing matters to become entrenched in the emotive conflict that Family Law cases often involve.
Gavin is determined on exhausting alternative dispute resolution techniques (negotiation and mediation) before invoking court intervention.
Gavin enjoys positive working relationships with many other reputable and trusted professionals – accountants, forensic experts, valuers, counsellors, psychologists, psychiatrists, barristers and other lawyers – to achieve early and harmonious resolutions for clients. Gavin is able to quickly identify which of these experts will be able to assist his clients to an earlier resolution.
Gavin services clients living in Queensland, Australia and overseas via internet services. Gavin believes in giving back to the community. As such, Gavin is a registered Volunteer at the Caxton Legal Centre and is a Mentor of the University of Queensland Law Mentor Program and the QUT Career Mentor Scheme respectively.
Over the past 5 years, Gavin has authored and contributed five articles to Queensland Law Society’s flagship publication, “Proctor,” as follows:
- But does Stanford apply to de facto relationships?” (July 2013);
- An uncertain view of property – Bevan’s case” (September 2014);
- Domestic violence by the rules – what you need to know” (October 2015);
- The pendulum swings in favour of DV victims” (June 2017); and
- Financial Agreements – still a good idea?” (July 2018).
A copy of these articles is available upon request.
Gavin is also a regular contributor to “Case Watch” which provides members of the Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland with a brief insight into significant recent cases in Family Law.
Gavin is a member of the Brisbane West Chamber of Commerce.
Gavin is a trusted and empathetic legal advisor who regularly receives referrals from past and current clients.