If you’ve been charge or are currently under investigation for a traffic or criminal offence, it is imperative that you seek qualified legal advice from one of our lawyers as soon as possible regarding the offences you have been charged with, your rights at law and the penalties that may be imposed such as a fine, community service or imprisonment. Emerson Family Law is a boutique law firm operating out of North Quay in Brisbane. We offer services in respect to all aspects of criminal law from simple traffic matters to serious assault and drug charges.
The unique patchwork that encompasses criminal law can be confusing and scary for an outsider and has serious and sometimes, detrimental consequences that can flow from your matter before, during and after any Court proceedings. Our lawyers can assist you in understanding this system and provide you with the tools and support necessary to make a fully informed decision moving forward.
We can help advise on the following:
- Reviewing the charges and providing you with a range of outcomes and avenues;
- Help you prepare your matter for a trial and provide advice regarding your prospects;
- Represent you in Court;
- Attend upon the Police Station or watch house to assist you; and
- Attend any of your loved ones that may be incarcerated to provide them with advice regarding their criminal proceedings.
At Emerson, our solicitors understand the stress and anxiety that can be involved in any interaction with the Police. We understand the nature and seriousness of traffic and criminal offences and the effect this may have on you in the future.
At Emerson, our solicitors have integrity in provide you with timely and detailed advice to assist you with an array of option when determining your instructions.
Our solicitors show compassion in their approach to each matter and will work to provide you with outstanding legal representation throughout your entire court process.
Lastly, our solicitors look for the best resolution or result for you and provide you with frank advice regarding your prospective outcome.
To find out more about traffic and criminal offences and how we can assist you, please contact our office at any time on 07) 3211 4920.
Our lawyers can assist in a wide variety of criminal law matters including:
- Assaults (offences against the person)
- Common Assault
- Assault Occasioning Bodily Harm
- Grievous Bodily Harm
- and Attempts
- Sexual Offences
- Indecent Treatment
- Sexual Assault
- Child Exploitation Material
- Offences of Dishonesty
- Receiving Stolen Property
- Break and Enter Offences
- Forgery and Uttering
- Property Damage
- Wilful Damage
- Break and Enter Offences
- Weapons Offences
- Possession and Intent to Use
- Drug Offences
- Traffic and Vehicle Offences
- Unlawful Use of Motor Vehicle
- Drink Driving
- SPER or Demerit Point Suspension
- Court Order Suspension
- Driving under the Influence
- Failure to Stop
- Commonwealth Offences
- Centrelink Fraud
- Use of Carriage Service